Find files in Overdrive
You can find files in Overdrive using the Site Search (if your admin has enabled it from within Site Settings).
- File Titles: Overdrive will find all files (Google, Microsoft, PDFs and more) with titles containing words you have searched for.
- File Contents: Overdrive will find file contents from Google Docs, Sheets and Slides. You can enable this in Site Settings > Search by allowing Overdrive to index the content of your Google files.
TIP: if you embed a document or file on a page and want it to be found via search, make sure you move it into the Site Folder.
Overdrive Site Search is similar to a search in Google Drive. A search for green red will find files that have titles/content with green and red, putting the words in " " will find files that have the phrase green red.
Overdrive also accepts Boolean search terms:
- or: search for files containing green or brown and Overdrive will display files with either green or brown mentioned
- minus sign: include -red in your search and Overdrive will eliminate all files that have red in the title/content
Once on the search results page you can use the Advanced Filter dropdown to filter results by
- Groups - find files restricted to certain group permissions
- File Type - find file types such as Documents, Spreadsheets and more
- Owner - search for files you own or don't own
- Modified - specify a date range
- Location - find files based on their location within Overdrive
- Hidden - find hidden files