Google Team Drives
OverDRIVE works with Google Team Drives. To create an OverDRIVE site using a Team Drive:
- visit app.overdrive.io and click on + Add new site
- click in the Drive Site Folder box and select the Team Drives tab
- Currently you cannot select a Team Drive but you can add a Team Drive folder by double clicking the Team Drive and choosing a folder
- If you want to set up a new OverDRIVE site using a Team Drive, set the site up without selecting a folder and follow the steps below.
To add a Team Drive to an existing site:
- You can add a Team Drive (or a folder within a Team Drive) to an existing site by clicking on the Site Menu and choosing Site Settings
- Change the Site Folder to Google Team Drive or Google Team Drive Folder and choose Click to browse...
- Select the Team Drive from the displayed list
- Note: this will reset your existing site and use the new content of the Team Drive.
There are a few differences to the way OverDRIVE handles standard Drive folders:
- Stars - starring is disabled
- Linking - Link folders and files option is disabled